HIRING ANNOUNCEMENT - POLICE OFFICER
The Denville Township Police Department is actively seeking professional, qualified and energetic applicants who possess the department’s core values of honesty, integrity, fairness, compassion, and respect for the position of Police Officer. Applications are being accepted from PTC certified (successfully completed the Basic Course for Police Officers at a NJ Police Academy) and non-PTC certified applicants.
- Applicants must not be less than 18 years old nor more than 35 years old at time of appointment (age restrictions shall not conflict with the current state and federal law).
- Applicants must be of sound body, good moral character, and in good health sufficient to satisfy the board of trustees of the Police and Firemen’s Retirement System (PFRS) of New Jersey as to the eligibility for membership in the retirement system.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited college or university, with preference provided to applicants who have B.A./B.S. degree (military service cannot be substituted for college credits).
- Applicants must be a citizen of the United States and a legal resident of the State of New Jersey at time of appointment.
- Applicants must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License at time of appointment.
- Applicants must not have been convicted of any crime of the first, second, third or fourth degree, as designated by the Criminal Code of New Jersey, or a crime or felony offense in any other jurisdiction that involved moral turpitude, or is undergoing or awaiting court action of any kind in regard to such a crime or felony offense at the time of application.
- Applicants must successfully complete a physical agility test.
- Applicants must successfully complete a written test (PTC certified applicants are exempt from having to complete the written test).
- Applicants must successfully complete a series of oral interviews and pass a comprehensive background investigation.
Police Officers in Denville are entitled to a competitive starting salary of $45,675, with a top pay of $125,799 after 9 years of service. Other benefits include health insurance, enrollment into the Police and Firemen’s Retirement System, and a tuition reimbursement program aimed at the professional development of our employees. Assignment opportunities available during your career include patrol officer, community services officer, traffic officer, school resource officer, detective, and other specialized assignments such as the Morris County Sheriff’s Emergency Response Team or a police academy instructor. These benefits are in addition to working for one of the most progressive law enforcement agencies in the State of New Jersey.
Applicants must complete the Police Officer Initial Application on the PoliceApp website (www.policeapp.com) no later than 11:59 pm on Friday, June 23, 2023. There is a $100 non-refundable fee to complete the application process on-line.
The Township of Denville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants shall be given full consideration.