Part-time Communications Officer
The Denville Township Police Department is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of part-time communications officer. Prior experience as a public safety communications officer is preferred, but is not required. Applicants must be willing to work 12-hour shifts, nights, weekends and holidays. Responsibilities include receiving emergency (9-1-1) and non-emergency calls for police/fire/medical assistance, process/record/refer vital information to the appropriate services while dispatching and managing police/fire/EMS radio transmissions, generating/conducting/maintaining computer entries and searches in several public safety computer databases, and other various job-associated tasks.
Part-Time Communications Officers with the Denville Township Police Department receive a competitive pay rate staring at $20.50 per hour and receive critical first-hand experience that could further a career in either public safety communications or law enforcement.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen;
- Applicants must be a New Jersey resident;
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age;
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma/GED;
- Applicants must not have been convicted of a crime;
- Applicants must pass an interview process, drug test, and background investigation;
- Applicants must have 9-1-1 Telecommunicator Training certification (40-hour course of training) or successfully complete the training prior to appointment;
- Accepted applicants must successfully complete an unpaid internship-training program before appointment.
Application Deadline/Contact Information
Completed applications (click HERE to download) must be received no later than June 30, 2023. Applications should be mailed to or dropped off in person at Denville Police Headquarters (1 St. Mary's Place, Denville, NJ 07834) to the attention of Lt. Scott Revis.
Please direct any questions regarding this position to Lt. Scott Revis at 973-627-4900 x 372 or via e-mail at email@example.com.